Splash Pages

Spash Pages are pages designed to draw attention to something. They are pages that have jump out flashy moving visual elements (called flash) that take a long time to load. The question is, do we need flash pages? Yes, sometime we do. The other question is, should we use flash pages? No, especially on your home page.

Why do we need them? It can be a great way to draw attention to an important message you don 't want your visitor to miss, such as a deadline, critical releases, or expiring downloads. So the splash page is good for attention.

Why should we not use them? Google does not like pointing its searchers to splash pages. It is not good SEO Marketing. Users hate splash pages, and can really get on the users' nerves. I know that is how I feel. They drive me crazy, although they do get my attention. Sometimes a splash page can be appealing, but most of the time - a splash page is interfering and just not user- friendly.

You must remember search engines love content not flash. If you are serious about ranking in the top ten, then it is most important you began increasing your SEO content. You can still have a flash page for your visitors, it will just probably not get indexed. This is really OK because it is for your visitor not the search engines. As a matter of fact I would suggest (if you are going to use flash) you add a rel="nofollow" to all links leading to your splash page. This is an attribute you can set on an HTML <a> link tag.

So ask yourself, should I use flash or should I not use flash?
That is the question.

More on SEO Marketing Flash SWF

5 comments:

SEO Pakistan said...

What a Blog! amazing, I have read many articles but not like this one.

press release distribution service said...

What AN AMAZING article looking nice & attractive.I LOVE YOUR STYLE OF WRITING.It is always a pleasant surprise every time a position is both beneficial and enjoyable! Thanks.

mithun said...

I actually enjoyed reading through this posting.Many thank

Internet Marketing SEO

John said...

Hey June I think you have great info.

Unknown said...

Nice, I had been following this blog for a jiffy but I didn't become aware of that you guys we're behind it. Some of the crew from there is really remarkable but they are lacking a demo link. More and more interest and involvement would definitely bump up the experience for me and in all probability many others.


Business Logo Design